Thursday, March 3, 2011

He's here!!!

Caleb Andrew Shoup was born on Friday, February 25, 2011 at 1:02 a.m.!  He weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 19.25 inches long. 


When I woke up on the 24th, I told Matt I didn't feel well.  I waddled around work all day and a teacher told me I had the look women get right before they go into labor.  Well, I didn't think anything about it.  When I got home that evening, I felt awful.  By the time Matt got home, I was having contractions.  We headed to the hospital and they decided the baby was ready to come out.  Dr. Boyer delivered Caleb via c-section and he had some complications.  He aspirated some meconium and had to be taken to the NICU almost immediately.  Matt and I were so excited to see him, but extremely worried at the same time.  Caleb spent 5 days in the NICU.  Matt and I were able to stay at the hospital the whole time, which was absolutely wonderful.  We all came home yesterday, March 2 and boy were we all glad to be home.  Here are a few of the many pics from the past 5 days.



 Daddy and his little guy


 Our family



 He looks just like Grandpa Jeff in this picture.  Matt and I happened to walk into the NICU while the nurses were taking it....priceless. 
Look no more wires on my face!


Caleb's hospital picture....Absolutely adorable


All better and ready to go home!

 Rickey welcoming his new little brother home.

No comments:

Post a Comment